I think I hate the iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook MB061LL/A 13.3" 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Combo Drive
So "not fanboy" = "insane"? Nice one guys. Interesting insight into Apple Culture.

It hasn't been 50 posts it's been 40 and only half of those have been mine and only half of those have been on my specific problems. So more like 10.

I have explained the problems. I'd include screen shots and such but I can't figure out how to do that either.

I don't know what more I can say. **** Don't Work. It all works for you, well good for you. It doesn't work for me.

I said I do know a guy who has an iPhone (who is much younger than I am) and he can't get half this crap to work either. If you'd listened you'd know that, but people don't like to listen to me, which only pisses me off more, which only makes me even harder to deal with, and so on. And what good is more detail going to do when you've completely ignored half of what I've said already and I have to keep repeating myself?

Are you really trying to help or are you just defending a company in which you're heavily invested, financially and emotionally? Probably some of both, the question is the ratio.

Look, I'm old not stupid, and I do know at least something about computers. It's a PHONE for God's sake. This isn't rocket science, at least it shouldn't be. I shouldn't need to take lessons to learn how to use a phone. Besides, where am I going to go? the repair shop would charge an arm and a leg if they could help at all and Best Buy would not even try to help, they'd just try to sell me something else.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Whatever you do, don't ask anyone at Best Buy for help! They might confuse you even more! I wish you lived near where I do as i would say come over and show me your issues.

The only thing I have never gotten to play with due to my older iphone and iPad is Siri. I think with Siri it depends on the persons voice a lot.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook MB061LL/A 13.3" 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, Combo Drive
A little digging reveals that Radio Shack works with Apple products at least somewhat. I didn't think they did. There is one close by. Would that be any better?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You could always try and walk out of they can't help but I have never even though of Radio Shack with anything Apple.

It's too bad you are not close to an Apple store. In Person they could really help you if you get a good person there.

If you do not mind saying, what city are you in?

Here we had both an Apple Store and small Brick and Morter Mac store. The Mac store after 15 years went under.

I hope this does not sound like bragging but when I got my first IPhone I had never used an Apple touch screen before. I needed no help with it. It made my compaq iPaq with Windows CE look like a pain to use. It had a Stylus also.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Close enough to KC that I could drive it if I had a car but I don't. I'll try Radio Shack and see what they say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
@Lifeisabeach:

Actually, yes it was easier on the old dumb phone. Sure, I'd slip and hit the wrong button sometimes, but not every single time. A bluetooth keyboard? Really? At that point I might as well just use the laptop.

I can't synch anything from the Macbook, not even music. It tells me it does it but it doesn't do it. The files don't show up on the phone. Mail (on the phone or laptop) won't import all of my contacts. It picks and chooses which to import by criteria I have yet to discern.

That fix might be worth a try- IF I could get Siri to do anything, which I can't.

RE attaching files: How was I supposed to know that? It's not intuitive or obvious like starting the email then attaching files.

Apparently I'm going to have to explain the Caller ID thing in every post in this thread over and over again. Maybe I should just put that in my signature for this forum.

I'm telling you neither iTunes or Spotify works. Again, I EXPLAINED THAT ALREADY. I'm not going over it again. If you're going to comment on the thread then please READ IT.

Knock it off. You are griping and complaining, not troubleshooting. I'm pointing out that your experiences are highly atypical and irregular. They DO work, at least normally for 99.9999999999999% of people. In fact, much of what you are griping about is so bizarre that my gut instinct is you are trolling. The claim that you have no caller ID alone is completely absurd. Easily solved IF true, but you don't seem to want to fix it, just rant and rave. You want help? I suggest you calm down and start a new thread with a new attitude and lay out the facts; steps you have taken to try to do what you want to do; and so on. Saying "it's not working" is worse than useless. You say Spotify isn't working? In what way is it not working? What steps have you taken to fix it? What error messages do you get? Etc etc. We can, in all likelihood, work past the bulk of your problems or at least discern the reason behind them. A large number of us are excellent troubleshooters and I rarely come across a problem I can't figure out a solution to. But we can't do it until YOU want us to!

If the on-screen keyboard doesn't suit you, then these aren't the phones for you. Again... NO WAY AROUND IT! You'd likely be better suited with a smartphone that has a slide-out keyboard, and that's perfectly OK if that suits your needs better. There are actually a couple cases for the iPhone that have slide-out keyboards built into them, but they are a bit bulky. But seriously man.... blaming Apple because you chose to buy a product that doesn't fit your needs and/or because they don't have a product that DOES meet your needs is downright ridiculous. Return it and buy one that does fit your needs, or adapt. The choice is yours.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
So "not fanboy" = "insane"? Nice one guys. Interesting insight into Apple Culture.

It hasn't been 50 posts it's been 40 and only half of those have been mine and only half of those have been on my specific problems. So more like 10.

I have explained the problems. I'd include screen shots and such but I can't figure out how to do that either.

I don't know what more I can say. **** Don't Work. It all works for you, well good for you. It doesn't work for me.

I said I do know a guy who has an iPhone (who is much younger than I am) and he can't get half this crap to work either. If you'd listened you'd know that, but people don't like to listen to me, which only pisses me off more, which only makes me even harder to deal with, and so on. And what good is more detail going to do when you've completely ignored half of what I've said already and I have to keep repeating myself?

Are you really trying to help or are you just defending a company in which you're heavily invested, financially and emotionally? Probably some of both, the question is the ratio.

Look, I'm old not stupid, and I do know at least something about computers. It's a PHONE for God's sake. This isn't rocket science, at least it shouldn't be. I shouldn't need to take lessons to learn how to use a phone. Besides, where am I going to go? the repair shop would charge an arm and a leg if they could help at all and Best Buy would not even try to help, they'd just try to sell me something else.

This post, if nothing else, convinces me you are trolling. You have all the right buzzwords and keywords here marking you as one. Technical illiterates (which is what you'd HAVE to be to be so helpless) don't use or even know words like "fanboy" and "Apple Culture".

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm complaining because I'm pissed off. My experiences are more common than you think from what I've found online. I am NOT trolling I am NOT making this up and I have explained my problems more than once. I do not have caller ID though I have already said (more than once) that I will look into it with the carrier when they open tomorrow. I explained how Spotify is not working, how iTunes is not working, etc already. I explained that I looked it up and posted on Spotify's forum but I don't expect an answer anytime soon if at all. I explained these things. Maybe I didn't know all the right technical terms to describe everything but it's not like I said nothing specific at all or said "the doohickey and the thingamajig aren't working together". I know a little more than that, obviously.

I chose to buy a product that was advertised as being user-friendly, easy to learn, reliable and intuitive. That's what I chose, but that's not what I got. That's why I'm pissed off.

I am working on it. I said I'd go to Radio Shack and see if they could help. That might not be ideal, but it's something clearly more proactive than sitting here and griping.

I said.

I said.

I said.

But

you

are

just

not

listening.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This thread has gone beyond the point of being helpful and is now closed.

cerberus: If you would like assistance on troubleshooting any specific issue, you can start a new thread. I highly recommend one thread - one issue you would like assistance with. It is next to impossible in a single thread in a forum setting to troubleshoot several issues at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.