Why I think I am being hacked

Reaction score
Several reasons:

Often, Safari opens to sites with descriptions of exploits, i.e. Metasploit, LogMeIn, or an article from Wonder How or eHow. I have programs and things downloaded that I did not download like "Clean My Mac", and Clean My Mac 2", Vectorastor", and many files with strange extensions like "plist".

often, I check Netstat and see that things have been "streamed" while my computer is off, or iTunes has been running.

Non User activity in Console is often very active. Team Viewer just appeared!

Pictures show up in my photo stream, and under sharing, I keep turning off the internet sharing properties for firewire, usb, ect, and locking it, and then it turns right back on again!

Am I imagining that I am being hacked? How can I tell for sure? If it is my Psycho Ex, he graduated from MIT. I'd probably never figure it out.

Best Regards and many thanks!

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Since you said your X I would disconnect from the internet either by turning wireless off and disconnect the ethernet cable if it applies and change your password for your computer.
Then I would reset Safari and any other browser you might use.
Delete all the programs that are downloaded you did not want and in Safari preferences under general the last box make sure it is not checked which is open upon download.
Then when you reconnect to the internet go to iTunes and change your password.
I think this will have you back to normal since someone else had access to your computer .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.