iPod Nano dock problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I bought an iPod Nano dock to go along with my new 1gb Nano. Doesn't work. In Windows XP, it gives me "USB Device Not Recognized". The iPod Nano itself works fine as long as it is plugged directly in, but the dock is a no-go. I've tried it on my Mac and both my PCs, no dice. Is there some special trick here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No, maybe your dock is broken?

Try taking it back.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Aptmunich said:
No, maybe your dock is broken?

Try taking it back.

I think so. I talked to Apple tech support and after 20 minutes that's what they said, too. I think I'm hosed though; I chucked the packaging last week and put the dock in with my Valentine's day gift for my wife; I didn't get the iPod until this week and didn't test it until yesterday, so I think I'm out thirty bucks. Oh well. It turned out okay though:

http://www.wiredby.com/temp/vday.jpg

:D

S

steve zissou

dear sir. a 1gb music player is hardly a music player. for an extra what, $50?, you could get a 2gb, thats at least something. well good luck.

cpt.zissou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
But shouldn't apple replace it even without the packaging?
You don't necessarily have to return it in pristine condition if it's broken and you need a replacement, only if you want to take it back for a refund.

Hehe just saw the picture, nice! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.