Canon Pixma MX922 Printer - How to Print a CD-R?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi All,

This should be simple but I cannot get it to work w/ the printer in my subject line! UGHH - :Angry:

Printer is attached via USB to my iMac (OS X 10.9) - basically i'm trying to switch over from paper labels for my CD-R & DVD-Rs to printing on the actual discs - bought a 50-pack of CR-Rs and trying to make my first attempt. Now, I've tried to use Canon's software but seems not to work (might have to re-install?). Then tried to use a program name Diskecth DL as a trial - picked the disc option as shown in the image attached.

The Canon printer requires an adapter (which came w/ the printer) which is inserted into the Canon printer w/ printer cover in the down position (according to directions I received from Canon help via an email) - when I print from the menu of the software app, the printer has an error fault that the printer cover should be in the up position (like printing to paper). I cannot find a menu option on this printer that selects printing directly to a CD-R.

Thus, I have $30 worth of printable CD-Rs and this printer will not work for that purpose - there must be an easy explanation but I'm stumped - SO, for those who may own a similar Canon printer & have tried this CD-R printing option - what am I missing? Thanks for any suggestions. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 8.51.21 PM.png

OP
RadDave
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, I've received no responses to this post which is fine - rather a specific issue - but there may be others on this forum that might be having the same issue or desire to print to a CD-R directly on their printer - saves worrying about paper labels that might jam a Super Drive!

SO, I contacted Canon and w/ several prompt responses was able to resolve this issue (and I must say that Canon was prompt & useful - AMAZING!) - I deleted my printer first and then reloaded their CUPS drivers & also the 'Image Garden' software which is a clunky program, but I'm not going to do this very often. FINALLY, I was able to make several decent images that did print directly to a 'writable' CD-R - any questions please ask - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.