Water On Macbook Pro

Reaction score
I was washing dishes last night, had a skillet in my hand with a small amount of water on the bottom, turned, and some water went on the keyboard of my Macbook Pro. When it got on the keyboard it didn't turn off or anything, and kept playing music. I took a rag, wiped it off, and then powered it down. After about 3 minutes of waiting I turned it back on, logged in, and went to play music again but the keyboard was acting funny. So I turned it off again, took off the back, unplugged the battery, and let it dry out overnight. This morning I plugged the battery in, put the back on, plugged in the charger (green light was on), but it would not turn on.

Now I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please refer to our Sticky Post at the top of this forum regarding spills. Read through it and you can get some idea what others have done, and also suggestions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, a "Sticky Post". Look toward the top of this forum you're replying in, and you can't miss it.

Never mind... just click on this LINK

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We're not trying to tell you anything. That's why we refer you to the Sticky Post so you can get some idea of what to do and then draw your own conclusions.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Time will tell regarding the screwed business. If it works great and keep fingers crossed after following suggestions in the sticky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.