IPod touch reset

Reaction score
My iPod Touch will not connect to WiFi... A window appears: Cannot Verify Server identity. Facebook cannot verify the identity of "webdav.facebook.com". No idea where this came from, but it seems to be preventing my iPod from accessing WiFi. Is a reset necessary?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you changed the date on your iPod by any chance? Regardless, check the date and time to make sure they're correct.

OP
G
Reaction score
Have you changed the date on your iPod by any chance? Regardless, check the date and time to make sure they're correct.

The date and time are very incorrect. While using Panera WiFi, I could not access WIFi to reset time automatically. But I just tried a different WiFi provider, and was able to automatically change the time... All seems normal again. Thanks for your suggestion.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No problem. Certificate validation issues are usually caused by incorrect date and time settings so if this happens again, start there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.