[HELP!] My mac is acting weird.

Reaction score
I don't really know how to describe it but, when I start up my mac, log in, there is just a white screen, then after a few minutes the bar up top shows up with the apple icon. But I do not have a dashboard, i don't have icons up to the right either, such as wifi and battery life, that's gone. I only managed to open Firefox through Spotify (which was the only thing that popped up when I first started my computer.)
My mac froze when I was playing Garry's Mod, and after I restarted everything was like this. Is there any solution to this? I have no idea what's wrong.

Copy and Paste commands doesn't seem to work either.
I cannot access Finder.
I cannot download anything.
I cannot open WoW (says there is no internet connection which is obviously wrong since I do).
The only way for me to access files is to go to the Apple icon and press Recent objects.
I just realized it's not just WoW saying it's an error, it's every single program with almost a diffrent error everytime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

What mac and what operating system? Hard to help without the vital stats.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot to your Recovery Partition: Hold down your Command + R keys as soon as you hear the boot sound. Once in Recovery, select Utilities, then select Disk Utility, Highlight your Macintosh HD and select the verify tab. Repair if necessary.

OP
R
Reaction score
Boot to your Recovery Partition: Hold down your Command + R keys as soon as you hear the boot sound. Once in Recovery, select Utilities, then select Disk Utility, Highlight your Macintosh HD and select the verify tab. Repair if necessary.

Thank you.
I had already repaired it several times, but I thought oh well, i might just try one more time.
So I opened it up and literally SPAMMED repaired on everything i could.
So it works now :):)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Another hint: Make a backup as soon as you can. When a hard drive begins to act up like yours has, it's telling you that it may fail at any time. Again, make a backup now.

OP
R
Reaction score
Another hint: Make a backup as soon as you can. When a hard drive begins to act up like yours has, it's telling you that it may fail at any time. Again, make a backup now.

Wish i would of read that earlier... since I had to restart my computer and it got messed up again. It does not work to repair anymore, so what to do? just boot the system up alot and hope to god that it works 1 of a 100?

OP
R
Reaction score
Okay, Now it works again, after restarting it a couple of times, what should i do now?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What MacBook Air do you have?

As in year, 11" or 13", drive size, CPU, model #?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Apple has a drive replacement program for that model..

See this article - link.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.