iphone on Consumer Cellular?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 GHz i5 8GB mem 480GB SSD 480GB HD
Has anyone successfully used an iPhone 4 or 4S on Consumer Cellular (CC)? Any problems with sending pictures? CC will begin to sell iPhones in mid-December, but I can buy a new unlocked iPhone 4S with more memory for much less money than CC's price, however I was led to believe there's a risk sending pictures with a phone not provided by CC.

I don't know very much about cell phones so any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Bill

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know anything about Consumer Cellular, but why would there be a problem or risk sending pictures from an iPhone using them as your carrier? Certainly if you can send a text from an iPhone using CC to another phone or iPhone on a different carrier's network, you should be able to send photos. CC may have restrictions on data and limits, but that's no different from any other carrier.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 GHz i5 8GB mem 480GB SSD 480GB HD
chscag,
Consumer Cellular (CC) is a relatively low-cost service provider that uses AT&T for voice but some other service for data. Some phone brands - Pantech being one - work fine for voice but don't work well for data. Why???? You're right saying the iPhone should work, but I'd rather have some assurance it's been successfully done before laying out the money, especially since this will be a gift.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I well understand where you're coming from. My wife's iPhone operates on Page Plus which is a low cost pay by the month service that uses Verizon's towers. The only thing I can suggest is to give CC customer service a call and ask them who supplies the service for data. Then get in touch with whoever is doing the data and ask about photos, texting, and so forth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.