Slideshow not working in iPhoto '11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I remember having some problems in Lion with viewing slideshows but now I've got a new MPB I want it to work!
It's nothing to do with with music, which I know other people have had...it's not actually getting that far.
I've selected a small iPhoto library just to make sure it's not to do with the size of the library. The libraries all open fine but when I go into an event and click the Slideshow button the programme just hangs (showing not responding when I look at the Force Quit box).

I've tried using the Option Command keys to get the menu and been thro the repair and rebuild database choices but still the slideshow doesn't work.

Any advice? I'm using iPhoto '11 version 9.5 on Mavericks. It's only Slideshow that seems like it's not working.

Cheers

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I've been thro that whole set of options.

But thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I've been thro that whole set of options.

But thanks anyway.

*slaps head* I see that you said you tried that now. I'm getting really bad at missing things like that...

Do some basic maintenance with Onyx... run its full suite of maintenance and cache cleaning tools. Perhaps you have some faulty permissions or a bad cache.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For some reason Onyx won't download onto my Mac!

Got it!

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was just about to post to ask which parts of OnyX you'd recommend using...opened iPhoto first to check out the initial problem...iPhoto seems to have updated in the last few days and Slideshow is now working!!

Would you recommend using OnyX generally for good housekeeping and if so, which parts.

Cheers for the advice anyway, Lifeisabeach.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Was just about to post to ask which parts of OnyX you'd recommend using...opened iPhoto first to check out the initial problem...iPhoto seems to have updated in the last few days and Slideshow is now working!!

Would you recommend using OnyX generally for good housekeeping and if so, which parts.

Cheers for the advice anyway, Lifeisabeach.

It's not necessary to run Onyx on a regular basis. The tools are useful for ironing out bugs as they arise. The specific tool depends on what the bug or quirk is. There's nothing that will outright harm anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.