Keyboard & mouse questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newest Mac Mini
I hope this is the right place to ask this.

Hi everyone, Im a recent Windows defector, and I am in no way sorry, but thats another story.

I have a Mac Mini and I am looking for a bluetooth KB/mouse for it. I don't like the Apple mice, and the wireless Mac keyboard lacks a numerical pad. Which I simply can't live without.

being as the Mini only has four USB ports Im thinking Bluetooth would be a good bet, as its wireless and keeps the USBs open.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand / models to look at?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reaction score
Funnily enough I've just gone through a very similar process. I bought a 7 way USB hub and a cheap wireless but not Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, which seemed less expensive. YMMV.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newest Mac Mini
I hadn't considered the USB hub option. It probably would be very cost effective though.
Worth looking into, for sure. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buy an Apple aluminum full sized wired keyboard for $49.00. It has two extra USB ports which can be used for a printer or wired mouse if you prefer. I have two Apple wireless keyboards still in the box brand new along with their rodent cousins. I bought this aluminum keyboard a while back and this is my third Mac I'm using it with.

The best wireless full sized keyboards for Macs are sold my Matias. You can go to their website and look around, but be prepared to spend $$. ;)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newest Mac Mini
Matias makes some nice looking year. Some of it is insanely expensive, but some isn't.

I should probably add that I am not a fan of "chicklet" style keys. So the Mac boards are probably out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Some say that Das keyboards are the best. Not cheap.

C

chas_m

There are many well-regarded BT keyboards from a wide variety of companies (same for mouses). If you go this route, however, try to get one that is Mac-specific. This will help you in the long run.

Here's another option for you: several companies make complementary add-on BT number pads that blend with the default keyboard. For example: Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless Keypad - Apple Store (Canada)

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to ask this.

Hi everyone, Im a recent Windows defector, and I am in no way sorry, but thats another story.

I have a Mac Mini and I am looking for a bluetooth KB/mouse for it. I don't like the Apple mice, and the wireless Mac keyboard lacks a numerical pad. Which I simply can't live without.

being as the Mini only has four USB ports Im thinking Bluetooth would be a good bet, as its wireless and keeps the USBs open.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand / models to look at?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
If wireless is your priority, Logitech has a wireless (not bluetooth) keyboard with numeric pad. It's a Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K750 for Mac - Silver for about $60 at amazon.com. Amazon also has a bluetooth trackpad for Mac by logitech for $20.

Logitech also has a bluetooth mouse for Mac (M555b), which looks like a normal mouse, although, from what I've been reading the mouse does not need to be a Mac mouse.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Newest Mac Mini
Thanks for the input everyone.
After a long debate, I ended up getting the wired Apple board w/ numeric pad. Its well made, works great and surprisingly, Ive adapted to the chicklet keys quite easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.