powermac 2.3 vs dell xps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
My brother says I should get a dell xps with the pentium D but i like the powermac and he also says the dell is more pwerfull. what procccessor is more powerful?

Thank you,
Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you can't go for what processor is more powerfull they are not even closely related so they can't be compared. the mac is a whole package, everything for the mac is designed to be there.. the os the processor, etc. The dell is all parts from all over the place with an operating system that is made to work on any kind of computer, so I am obvioulsy playing up the mac part of the argument, but there is also the argument that the dell is cheaper and that it is windows. Windows is more the standard although mac computers work with them well.. so its up to you, what do your really want, don't base this on power of the computer itself.

Reaction score
It depends on what XPS your talking about, my buddy has a XPS 600 and yes it will beat the power mac. But it cost about 6,000 fully loaded along with a 23 in monitor and 2 video cards.. I would rather have the power mac, and yes because it's a mac. If your going to do a-lot of gaming, then the XPS 600 is for you.. The power mac is better for everything else, everything about a mac is class.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
mr g5 said:
My brother says I should get a dell xps with the pentium D but i like the powermac and he also says the dell is more pwerfull. what procccessor is more powerful?

Thank you,
Robert
As much as I dislike this guy's attempt to make an equivalency chart, maybe it'll help you:

http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
mr g5 said:
what procccessor is more powerful?

Thank you,
Robert

There is no answer to that question. It is simply a never ending debate with no clear cut solution. It all comes down to what you want to do, what you prefer and which tool is better in your mind for the job.

Neither one is "more powerful" than the other. It is merely a matter of opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.