Iracing on-line racing simulation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MacBook Pro, new 2013 21.5 IMac, iPad (retina)
I just came from the iracing site and it looks amazing. Although it was designed for PC's, it says it can be run on Mac's if the following items are installed:
1. logitecforcefeedback.kext.zip
2. kext_helper_b7.zip

I don't usually mess with things like this on my iMac but if any of you have experience with either the site or the installation of these things please let me know.

The info came from here: How do I get Force Feedback to Work on MAC?

Thank for your time.

p.s. This id for my iMac running osx 10.8.5, 2.7 GHz in tell core I5.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The directions for installing are fairly straight forward. What is about them that you don't understand? Read and print out his instructions before you start and of course, download the two files from his site. Also, I strongly advise you to make a backup of your data first before installing the kext using the beta helper.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not that I don't understand the directions. They are straight forward enough. I just wasn't sure if I should do it or not and decided to ask here to see if anybody knew anything about them.

I do use time machine though so I do have a back-up if needed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I doubt anyone has tried them before, but you never know. Be brave, and be the first. ;) If you have a good Time Machine backup, you can always recover if something goes wrong. From his instructions and from what I can make of the procedure, I don't see how it could mess up your current installation. The most that can happen is that it doesn't work and you'll have an extra useless kext laying around.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay thanks. I just started my macbook back from the start so I could lend it to my GF while her comp was down. (also thought she might like a mac). Got it back and I will try it on there first 'cause if all else fails i just wipe and reinstall from the disks.

Let you know how it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.