Audio Interface Issues with Mavericks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 12 Core
I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface and I cannot record any audio into Logic X. I can record MIDI but not audio. I have narrowed it down to Mavericks. How do I request a patch from Apple?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have narrowed it down to Mavericks. How do I request a patch from Apple?

If Apple issued a patch for every piece of hardware that didn't work right when they came out with a new version of OS X, they would be spending all their time issuing patches.

I can suggest doing one of two things:

1. Get with the manufacturer of that particular hardware and inform them it's not working right with Mavericks and ask them when they're going to issue new drivers.

2. Downgrade from Mavericks to whatever version of OS X that you were using before.

OP
Diego1090
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 12 Core
I currently have the company I purchased the interface from working on a solution from the manufacturer. I was trying to be proactive and explore another avenue.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's good. The company who sold the interface to you is who you should deal with, not Apple. However, it may take some time for the manufacturer to respond as most are used to dealing with Windows not Mac OS X. You might be better off asking for a refund for the audio interface device and instead purchase another that you know will work with Mavericks.

OP
Diego1090
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 12 Core
I have already mentioned that and if nothing happens shortly I will be using another interface. Thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.