Reaction score
Enjoying living in a retirement apartment building
Your Mac's Specs
21.5/3.06/2x2GB/500GB/9400M
Did this just get upgraded?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Since you have not specified what OS you are running, I can only speak for Mavericks ( OS X 10.9 )
If you are running Mavericks and your version is lower than iPhoto 11, version 9.5 then .... yes .... this just got upgraded. :)

Cheers ... McBie

OP
K
Reaction score
Enjoying living in a retirement apartment building
Your Mac's Specs
21.5/3.06/2x2GB/500GB/9400M
iPhoto problems

My original message was too short. These are my problems with applications.

I think I clicked on an (upgrade) message without reading the posts about IPHOTO. I just opened it and the blasted thing now has an entirely different opening screen. Each collection of slides are piled on top of each other and the entire collection of slides looks like a mess! I can't begin to figure out how to finish managing the sorting I have been doing.

Did they just do an upgrade on this program? Can it be "un-upgraded?""

Fortunately I read the reports on numbers and Pages and did not up date them. (And never will if I can help it.)

Updating to maverick also lost me my calendar! If I go back in the time line ca I restore everything to the was it was before maverick?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, not trying to hijack this thread but a related question - I've never wanted to use iPhoto but have upgraded to Mavericks and assume that I have DL the most recent version of iPhoto - I clicked on the icon to check my version but got the dialog box attached.

Now, my Pictures library currently has about 3 dozen folders (each w/ multiple images) and about 120 pics outside the folders - so, there are hundreds of pics. If I hit the Upgrade button in the dialog box, WHAT will happen? I prefer to manage that library manually - thanks for comments and help. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 1.43.32 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Dave,
My iPhoto library has over 20 thousand pictures and the library upgrade took about 5 minutes.
After the upgrade all looks the same as before.
Just be sure you have a backup just in case ....

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Dave,
My iPhoto library has over 20 thousand pictures and the library upgrade took about 5 minutes.
After the upgrade all looks the same as before.
Just be sure you have a backup just in case ....

Cheers ... McBie

Hi McBie - thanks for the prompt response - I may have a thousand total images so not even close to you! :)

Just cloned the laptop w/ CCC & did a TM backup, plus a backup onto another external SSD of just my Pics/Music/Docs - SO, ready to go, I guess - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.