Pages - address labels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5in, 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, Catalina OS X 10.15.7
I have tried to locate address label function in Pages such as is available in Microsoft Word. This doesn't appear to be included in the software. Has anyone else located this function?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to the info given by chas_m, take a look in the Mac App Store at the various template bundles offered for Pages. Some are free (very basic), however, there are several real nice template bundles that offer a range of useful templates that include Address Labels, and many others. In my opinion, paying a few dollars for one of those bundles is well worth the money spent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have tried to locate address label function in Pages such as is available in Microsoft Word. This doesn't appear to be included in the software. Has anyone else located this function?

In addition to the excellent advice already, visit the websites of the labels you are using to see if templates are offered there? I usually use Avery labels and made some return address sheets for myself from their template (show below). Now, I used the same label for all 30 of that particular label, so if you are wanting to import contacts and make individual addresses for multiple names, then that is another consideration. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2013-11-27 at 6.21.22 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great idea from member RadDave, I had forgotten all about the Avery site. I use their address label template for MS Word for all our work. And you can buy Avery standard business labels at any Staples or Office Depot store.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5in, 2.7GHz Intel Core i5, Catalina OS X 10.15.7
Thanks very much for the various replies as well as the additional link from chas_m for someone new to Mac.
I was actually hoping to use my address data from an Excel spreadsheet document for this, but now think I need to replicate these into The Contacts app first?

Checking the Avery website there does appear some possibility there but my Mac security setting prevents the programme being opened as it is from an "unidentified developer", so I will need to check how to do adjust that, since surely Avery would be considered a reputable company.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Checking the Avery website there does appear some possibility there but my Mac security setting prevents the programme being opened as it is from an "unidentified developer", so I will need to check how to do adjust that, since surely Avery would be considered a reputable company.

You need to temporarily turn off "Gate Keeper". Do this: Open System Preferences, click on the Security & Privacy icon. When that opens, click on the small lock at the bottom and enter your admin password. Now place a dot in the box that says "anywhere". You can either leave this setting or change it back after you download the Avery Template.

It's a security feature built in by Apple to prevent the possibility of downloading a rogue app.

M

MacInWin

Another way to get past the Gate Keeper, but leave it active is to right-click on the program name, then chose "Open." You get a warning that the application is not from Apple, but you can then tell it to go ahead and run the application anyway. It runs, installs, and leaves gate Keeper active.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.