Beamer is Failing !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
Does anybody is having problems ??
It freezes every 10 seconds. Any solutions?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What is Beamer? What is freezing? Without DETAILED information about your setup, you are not going to get any helpful answers..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That's what a BMW, right?

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
What is Beamer? What is freezing? Without DETAILED information about your setup, you are not going to get any helpful answers..

Beamer is an app that runs on mac, stream any video files wirelessly to apple tv !
Freezes ( doesn´t play videos smoothly, stops every 2 minutes )

thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to better sub-forum.

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
OK, that helps a little bit..

What Mac? What version of OS X? How long has this issue been going on? Have you tried re-installing? Is your version of OS X supported by Beamer? Are you running the latest version? If this is a paid app, have you tried contacted the vendor?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From the Beamer FAQ:

A movie plays, but stops to load sometimes. How can this be fixed?

Try to restart your router and your Mac’s Wi-Fi. If that doesn’t help, the movie file may be too large to process fast enough on your Mac. We will keep improving compatibility in future updates.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot for your interest. !
I´m sharing this helpful e-mail that beamer´s staff replied me back ...

November 23,2013

We haven’t heard about problems that started under OS X Mavericks, but we have seen a bunch of problems that started with the recent Apple TV software update, which happened around the same time as the Mavericks release. Apple has since released another Apple TV software update, which should solve some of these problems.

Could you please make sure that you’re running the latest Apple TV software? To check this, go to the settings screen and select “General”, “Software Updates”, then “Update Software”. If your software is already up to date, please restart your Apple TV. If that doesn’t help, try if it helps to reset your Apple TV. To do that, go to the settings screen and select “General”, then “Reset”.

thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot for your interest. !
I´m sharing this helpful e-mail that beamer´s staff replied me back ...

November 23,2013

We haven’t heard about problems that started under OS X Mavericks, but we have seen a bunch of problems that started with the recent Apple TV software update, which happened around the same time as the Mavericks release. Apple has since released another Apple TV software update, which should solve some of these problems.

Could you please make sure that you’re running the latest Apple TV software? To check this, go to the settings screen and select “General”, “Software Updates”, then “Update Software”. If your software is already up to date, please restart your Apple TV. If that doesn’t help, try if it helps to reset your Apple TV. To do that, go to the settings screen and select “General”, then “Reset”.

thanks

It's great that you shared this with us.:) But the message from the "Beamer" folks mentions:

- Something about Mavericks (OS 10.9). You never told us what OS version your computer is running.
- What software version your Apple TV is running (if it's up to date).
- If you restarted your Apple TV (as the Beamer folks suggested).

You really have not told us enough to help you so far...and you haven't told us if you tried/followed what the Beamer folks suggested.

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's great that you shared this with us.:) But the message from the "Beamer" folks mentions:

- Something about Mavericks (OS 10.9). You never told us what OS version your computer is running.
- What software version your Apple TV is running (if it's up to date).
- If you restarted your Apple TV (as the Beamer folks suggested).

You really have not told us enough to help you so far...and you haven't told us if you tried/followed what the Beamer folks suggested.

- Nick

Hi Nick, i did everything they´ve said , it improved a little bit, but still have problems
(this problems appeared after i updated to mavericks os x 10.9)
i got a macbook 2008, 2ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 750 gb, the latest apple tv version
i restarted my apple tv and router wifi also.

when i bought beamer everything was fine, it didn't freeze at all, but suddenly since i updated to mavericks, everything went wrong.

:-/

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Perhaps the best move would be to roll back to your earlier version of OS X that worked prior to the Mavericks update, while the vendor works on Mavericks compatibility. You should be able to do this via the backup you made prior to updating (you did back up, right?).

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just to eliminate one more thing in troubleshooting have you checked the files? Are the files you are having problems with now ones that have worked in the past?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i bought beamer everything was fine, it didn't freeze at all, but suddenly since i updated to mavericks, everything went wrong.

:-/

If this "Beamer Stuff" is very important (more important that your other computing tasks)...I would definitely do what "cwa107" advised...and downgrade back to an OS version when everything was fine.

This is one problem folks run into sometimes when upgrading their computers OS. Sometimes the hardware & software folks have installed isn't always 100% compatible with the new OS version.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.