Missing Plug In ??

Reaction score
A couple months ago, I mistakenly installed Boot Camp (an app that carves out space on the Mac to run Windows). I uninstalled it right after, BUT the episode left behind changes in the way I receive photos and video via email.

Specifically, photos I receive by email:
No longer come through in the body of the email and can not be saved to iPhoto. This means I can do nothing with them but view them in 'Quick Look' (that appears under the address line) and even then, only small files. I get a small gray message: "Missing Plug in"

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Did you make any other changes to your Mac during this time. I have never heard of Boot Camp causing this type of problem. Especially once it is removed.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks fot the reply.
Since writing my note, I discovered how to save photos from Quick Look to iPhoto... so the major problem is solved. I perfer things the way they were, but I'll have to live with 'Missing Plug in' notes where there would be a graphic or photo.

However, my significant other and my hard drive were abducted by a dinosaur just after your reply... Coincidence?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I'll see what I can dig up about the missing plugin issue. I think I have seen this before but don't remember the fix at the moment.

As far as the missing hard drive and significant other are concerned probably just a coincidence. I could probably track them down for a small "contribution". Dino train ... er tracking is expensive you know.

OP
T
Reaction score
I'd be grateful for any info on a fix re the 'missing plug in' issue.
I'll pass on the dino tracking!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.