iPhone 4s on 6.1.5 stuck in recovery mode loop during iOS 7 update. Help?!

Reaction score
:Not-Amused:While trying to update to iOS 7, 3/4 through, update stopped with "unknown error (1)" msg. I tried downloading the firmware and selecting restore while holding option key, manually selecting the firmware and recieved error message saying "iphone not eligible for selected build". Put in DFU mode and tried clicking restore again, failed with "not eligible for requested build" error message again. My phone has never been jailbroken, but I tried using umbrella to "fix recovery", also made no change. Can anybody help?
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.5

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try connecting your iPhone to your Mac or PC and resetting it from iTunes? Of course before doing that, make sure you backup everything on your phone first.

OP
K
Reaction score
I have been doing it all through iTunes, even the orig. update that I was attempting to do.

Reaction score
My son in law's iPhone4 did the same thing.

He was at the Apple store for a long time and they were not able to get it going either.

I am supposed to get it in a couple days and take a shot at it so if anyone knows any good tricks to fix this, I am very interested also.

pvp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.