OS X 10.4.11 Apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MacBook Pro OS 10.8, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB Ram
I recently bought an iMac G3 for my 7 year old and an iMac G4 for my 9 year old as Christmas presents.

Other than iLife 04, which I've recently installed on them, and Microsoft Office, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for applications or games or anything else kid friendly that I should look to install on either of these computers.

I anticipate them using these computers fairly frequently. I'm also debating upgrading the iMac G4 to OS X 10.5. I've yet to decide whether I want to push it to the limit or not.

Please let me know your thoughts if you have any!

AppleUkulele

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
A big problem is finding software that old. Not commonly available.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 15" MacBook Pro OS 10.8, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 4GB Ram
A big problem is finding software that old. Not commonly available.

- Nick

Thanks for replying, Nick!

You make a good point, however, I know enough people that if I know what I need, I can ask around and see what I can find and where. So, if anyone has any ideas...Please let me know! Thanks :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...I know enough people that if I know what I need, I can ask around and see what I can find and where. So, if anyone has any ideas...Please let me know! Thanks :)

As I mentioned...supply is really the most difficult part. If you know folks with older software...maybe asking them what they have...then deciding what you want would be the more effective way of sourcing apps.

We may suggest various apps...but your "people" may not have them...thus a dead end.

Remember OS 10.4 was released in 2005...and OS 10.5 was released in 2007. Folks memories probably aren't as sharp trying to recall 10.4.11 compatible apps from 5-7 years ago.

Apps like Microsoft Office and Adobe apps have been around for the "long haul"...but many other apps/games are just "one hit wonders" (here today...gone tomorrow). So it can be really hard to remember these after so much time.

Again...if the folks you know are going to be your primary source for older software...it's probably going to be easier & more successful to ask them what they have. Then decide.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.