Belkin UPS and Intel Based iMac Problem...

Reaction score
Hi All,

I purchased a Belkin UPS for my Intel Based iMac. The power supply seems to be working fine. I installed the Bulldog Software that comes with it, the Mac OS X version and it seemed to be working fine. I later went in to change the settings as to when it would power down the computer, I set all that for about 5 minutes. Now if the USB cable from the powersupply to the computer is plugged in, the system warns that it's running on battery and that the battery is low, then it shuts down. If I power up with the cable plugged in, it shuts right back down.

I know the battery has a full charge, and it seems the UPS and Computer are communicating as it knows when the cable is plugged in.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with no change. I'm going to be calling Belkin soon, but I wanted ask here and see if anyone has seen this issue.

Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.