Mac apps are outrageously expensive!

KLF

Reaction score
How can Apple justify charging $4.99 for the ArtRage app for an iPad and $49 for the same app for a Mac computer. I think it really stinks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
ArtRage is a product created by another company and not Apple. Scroll to the bottom of this page and read the About Us section. If you're unhappy about their pricing, give them feedback on their Contact Us page or on their Forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
Bottom of the page, but here you go.

ArtRage.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
PC Apps are usually always more expensive than the stripped down Device version of the App. Do what Checco suggested and contact the maker of the App. Apple does not have a thing to do with that company.

Scroll all the way to the BOTTOM of that page Checco gave you. It's there.

OP
K

KLF

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I went to their website and downloaded a Beta copy of the app, so I'll get to see if it has more scope than the iPad app which I have, and decide whether it's worth the extra cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Like posted above. iOS apps are normally stripped down versions of the main software. Just like the phone version of the app is 1.99 only.. I don't expect the phone version to do anything like the Mac or PC version..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.