Mac Mini - Is it worth waiting for Intel?

Y

y2kt

I have asked a few people about this and still cannot decide. :(

Basically, I want a mac and the mac mini looks like a likely option, but I am not sure if it is worth waiting for Intel processors on them or not.

What do you think?

Would the Intel processor in it be that more powerful or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
I have the 1.25ghz model, and it is fast enough for me to run safari, word, excel, quicktime, fire chat, and a few other programs at once. I did upgrade the memory to 1GB when I got it.

I really like the macmini, but I recommend you go to an apple store, and play around with one, then decide if you like what they have now, or want to wait.

I am trying to sell mine by the way if you are interested?

OP
Y

y2kt

Yeh, I was going to upgrade memory to 1GB too (on 1.42GHz model). I'm not really interested in buying a used one. I'm slightly put off that idea after the eMac I bought off someone doesn't even turn on. Anyway, I think the Mac Mini should be quick enough for me, I only want it for general usage (internet mainly) and would be using my Windows machine for gaming.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.