Stuck in windows 7 boot dvd won't read

Reaction score
I have osx snow leopard. I installed windows 7 64 bit. I gave it about 200 gb out of 1 tb. The boot camp process went okay, but now that I'm on windows, it won't read the osx dvd to get the required drivers to use my mac keyboard, mouse and go back to my os snow leopard.

Now I'm stuck in a computer that completely forget it was a mac. I'm using a usb mouse and the windows 7 on screen keyboard. It's annoying. I can't find a working web download for the drivers either.

Please help. I want my mac back.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Snow Leopard DVD does not have 64 bit drivers for Windows 7, so you can forget that anyway. You'll need to download a later version of Boot Camp from Apple.

As to your other problem: You should be able to reboot your Mac and hold down the Option key. Your Macintosh HD will then appear as a boot choice. Select it and that will get you back into OS X. Once back in OS X, go to System Preferences, Startup, and make sure your Macintosh HD is the default.

OP
B
Reaction score
I found out I was using the wrong DVD. I had the apps one in. Of course windows wouldn't read it. No, the later versions of bootcamp from online did not work. I had some error saying x64 bootcamp not supported on this computer or something. I tried the 3.2, 3.1 updates, and that gave another error stating I needed bootcamp 3.0. When I found a 3.1 (couldn't find the 3.0 full bootcamp install), yet another error happened stating I didn't need the update.

I got the correct install CD in and it set up the boot camp drivers. That was the only thing that worked. I can now switch back and forth. I also got the bluetooth keyboard set up, but I can't get the apple mouse to work. I'm using a USB one right now.

I also have a separate, more serious problem I can't figure out. I think it's a graphics card issue? Something is failing when I turn on the computer from shutting down. I'll hear the fan running, but no screen appears. Nothing. The built in monitor appears to just not turn on. It takes several forces to get the white screen to appear. After that, it appears I can either leave it to boot OSX or hit the option to open Windows.

I'm concerned because I came out of a more serious version of the failing to boot, one that led me to erase my hard drive and reinstall the Mac OS. That appears to have fixed it so I can reboot with little trouble. But as far as a shutdown, I still struggle getting the monitor to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.