Blue Screen of Death on loading Windows 7

Reaction score
Hiy Guys,

Im using a 17" MBP from 2011, running Mavericks and Windows 7 via bootcamp.
I noted a slow down on my boot-up time so checked my disk, fixed permissions on the mac partition and everything checked out.
I then verified my bootcamp partition where it said there were a number of things that needed fixing, none of which i actually noted down.
After that i booted windows and scanned the hard disk during boot-up and windows took over an hour to fix - no indication what the issue was.
I search on the apple forums and found a post where somebody said to run the following commands when you load-up Windows into the safe mode
(via the command prompt)
Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

I did that and then rebooted, the next thing that happened was i received the blue screen of death with the error code: STOP 0x0000000F4

The info that came up on the screen suggests its a hardware problem so the question is have i screwed my bootcamp partition by running those commands?

To be fair I'm kicking myself as i really should know better than just to coy and execute commands that i have no idea what they're really doing.
Id like to avoid vaping my bootcamp partition if at all possible, any ideas or suggestions?

Promise not to do it again if can fix it!

Reaction score
Blue screen is windows version of a kernel panic in mac. Safe options is to reload a fresh windows 7 as the older version is corrupted on boot up. You should not loose any other apps because your reloading not cleaning a partition.there is the fscheck you can do through start up when asked safe mode/syscheck or continue with normal boot.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks Leadfoot,
I opted to remove the partition and create a fresh bootcamp (in part becuase i wanted a larger bootcamp drive). I only the Windows partition use for Star Wars: The Old Republic, so the whole process of reinstalling etc wasn't traumatic :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.