iMovieSpeedConversion source clipping missing issue

Reaction score
@Vinyl Conflit: I had an issue with all the movie clips of my iMovie project, all were marked with a yellow triangle saying the Source File is missing.

It's says the Source file is located in: iPhotolibrary/Masters/[Year the movie was shot]/../.../../iMovieSpeedConversion/[Name of the original clip].MOV

and I can't find none of this iMovieSpeedConversion file
neither any of the MOV file.

I read the PDF file on:
http://www.wellys.com/extras/iMovie 09 Source clip is missing.pdf

but something tells me it won't work… I'll try it this WE and will report but if some have already been to such a mess, please help!!

FYI - I am running iMove 11' and the problem started after iMovie quitted with no reason.

Reaction score
If iMovie quit unexpectedly then more like this would not have saved current file location. Open finder normally and search for the required .mov then note down where folders lead to. Open iMovie and import .Mov from that location and save.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thank You Leadfoot,
I had this precise reflex but could not find the required .MOV files but I couldn't find any .MOV file in the iPhotoLibrary clustered files.

Could this files be hided from Spotlight? If so how to look for them?

Looking forward to reading from you!

Cheers,
Xavier

Reaction score
Possible hidden if using guess login and not administration. Do you have any movie files you can import as an example to test. Most imovies get saved in a dedicated folder called Movies folder. Are you using a second drive for main storage?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.