• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Blog: Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic

Reaction score
Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic

Hi everybody, I’m Mike and I like to buy stuff . . . lots of stuff.* *I have all the latest and greatest cameras, computers, iPads, iPods, iPhones, routers, receivers, amps, speakers, TVs, and every other conceivable gadget and gizmo. If it’s new and techie, I either already have it, or am planning on buying it. DISCLAIMER: The above statement is not totally true. I don’t really have all of that stuff, but only because of limited funds, and a wife that isn’t nearly as enamored with gadgets as I …Read More →

The post Confessions of a Recovering Gear-aholic appeared first on Mac-Forums Blog.

Read more at the Mac-Forums Blog

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hello, My name is Brent, and I have a problem ;)

I too am a Gear-Aholic. I have been clean for 2 hours now, but i keep on scouring the internet for THAT deal . . .

Great Blog Post Mike, and like Charlie, it was like looking into a mirror. I didn't leave the house except for one present coming up to xmas. I did ALL my shopping online, then i waited until the Boxing Day sales and i went mad-ish . . . . Well lets put it this way, in the last 14 months, its been, 2 MBP's, 1 MBA, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone4s, iPhone5, Alpine Head Unit for my 4WD, Nikon D7000, Nikon D7100, 4 Lens, 4 Filters, 1 Bluetooth GPS unit from Bad Elf for Mud Maps on my iPad Mini, and all the gadgets and accessories I could buy. Even a Nikon Branded iPad Bean Bag lol
It needs to stop, but my philosophy is, I could be hit by a bus tomorrow. I do have $ in High interest bearing account, and I'm living and enjoying life.
But i have been keeping my Fiancee happy too, so she doesn't mind the purchases, but i do need to stop. I caught myself looking at a Drobo 5N 5 Bay or whatever it was, and trying to convince myself i NEEDED it, (now i take a lot of Photos). 5 Backups, thats what i need lol . . .

Anyways thanks for the laugh and reality check Mike ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.