Unable to access iTunes store

Reaction score
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and was using iTunes 10.X(?). All was fine until one day I could no longer access the itunes store. I updated to itunes 11.1.3 thinking that would fix the problem. NOT! I can open iTunes and play music, etc, but when I go to the store, it starts loading and then goes to a blank white screen. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have an Anti-Virus application installed? Or maybe MacKeeper or any other so called cleaning or speed up program?

OP
M
Reaction score
No, no such stuff installed. It was working fine in the beginning, right after I installed 10.6.8 but then I couldn't get the iTunes Store to load. iTunes still worked in every other way, just couldn't get to the store.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like something is blocking the iTunes store. How about the Mac App store, do you still have access there?

OP
M
Reaction score
I can get to to Ap Store but not through iTunes, Only through the application.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you can get into the Mac App store from the App Store application, your Apple ID is probably OK.

And you said that you tried reinstalling iTunes? If you haven't tried that yet, go ahead and give it a try. iTunes may be corrupt or at least part of it may be. You may have to completely remove iTunes before it will let you download it again. That should not disturb your library or videos but I would back them up anyway just in case.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I was hoping that there may have been a quick fix without reinstalling, etc. I'll give it a try! Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.