3rd Party PMP and iTunes?

J

JimmyHat

I use Windows Media Player on the PC at work to sync with my 3rd party portable music player.

Is there any way to get support for 3rd party players through iTunes? I much prefer to use iTunes, as it's what I use to play songs over AirTunes, and it's a PITA to have different playlists in different media players.

Anyone know of any way to do this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I believe iTunes will only work with the iPod, I have not been able to find any information on syncing it with another device besides and iTunes phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you can get plug ins for other MP3 players....what kind do u have?

OP
J

JimmyHat

Actually, I use my PDA with Pocket-Tunes on it. It syncs properly with Windows Media Player 10 in XP, but does nothing with WMP 9 for OS X. It's pretty pathetic.

Where can I find the plug-ins? Are they on Apple's site, or on the other PMP manufacturers' sites?

Thanks!

OP
J

JimmyHat

Solved!

Hooray!

I found a plug-in for iTunes that allows me to sync an iTunes playlist with my PDA. Best of all, it's free!

It is called iTuneMyWalkman. I also needed to have CardExport II for the Palm (which I already have), so now it works properly!

The software is designed for cell phones, but will work with any device that can be mounted as a drive in OS X. Works from 10.3 and up. So far I'm happy with it, but it was difficult to find without knowing the exact name of the software.

Thanks macAttack for letting me know that I could possibly find a plug-in that would work. I hadn't previously considered that as an option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.