No Textbox links in Pages 5

Reaction score
In Pages 4.3 I could produce A5 booklets by linking text boxes that allowed the text to overflow seamlessly between pages. It appears that this facility has been dropped from Pages 5 as not only do my booklet templates appear with the words that the links have been removed but also there is nothing in the relatively unhelpful help menu relating to linking the boxes.:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple made considerable changes with the latest update to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote to bring them more in line with the iOS versions. I've seen numerous complaints about it here and another forum that I visit on occasion. You should still have Pages 4.3 on your machine unless you removed it. Go back to using that version until Apple fixes things in version 5.0.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks I'll do that. I expected some decent templates as well but it appears that the new Pages (the only upgrade I've tried so far) is all flash & little substance as there are no real page related templates - i.e. ones that produce book/lets

C

chas_m

Basically, Apple started over and rewrote Pages for 64-bit and web version/iOS version compatibility. The features will come back, but it will take a while (see: OS 9 to OS X, iMovie 06 to iMovie 07, Final Cut Studio to Final Cut Pro X, and so on).

This is a thing Apple does sometimes. Ultimately you get a much better product, but it can certainly be annoying. Luckily, the old Pages (etc) are still there, so stick with that for the time being.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.