App Store

Reaction score
Should I have an App Store icon on my iPadAir? I ask because I need to download an app for my service provider wi fi and not having much luck.Looking of Youtube I see the screens of the iPadAir have an icon for App Store.I thought I might have erased it but apparently that is not possible and so tried a reset and still no App Store.I do have an iTunes icon.Thank you again.Getting embarrassing now !! Oh no.Found it.Mortified.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
lol

I have all my browsers bundled together into a folder icon
Seems every time I want to launch a browser it takes me like 5 minutes to find the freaking folder.

OP
I
Reaction score
That's what I did.Put all these icons into a folder.Couldn't find it in folder until the 'duh' moment arrived and realised there might possibly be a second page !! Oh dear.LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Sometimes I just type in the app I need its faster I really need to go through and clean up .

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks OSXX.Yeah,I am thinking we might have made a bit of a mistake with setting up the iPad in a number of ways.Trial and error is okay if the moves can be reversed.

The iPad will really be for my wife's use with me only using it now and again for just browsing but because all the accounts on the iMac such as iTunes etc are in my name and my bank details, I just just set everything up in my name on the iPad to make it seamless.But now she is starting to get very very fond of it all and whereas before she wasn't too interested in downloading anything,books and music are coming more into the picture.So I am thinking now can we reverse this bus out and start again with everything in her name...let her open her own Apple account for apps and iTunes and let me off the hook.As it is I'll have to buy her stuff for her and she give me the money....and we know how that might go LOL !

I would also wonder is it possible to load photos from iMac to iCloud and then delete them from the iMac? I ask because she can then load all her photos to the iCloud and pull them down to view for memory lane sake when with her parents or wherever.

Can existing music be loaded to iCloud or is there a charge for that?

Thanks in advance for whatever help available.
Regards

Larry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi Larry,

I would also wonder is it possible to load photos from iMac to iCloud and then delete them from the iMac

iCloud does not work like that, it sync`s your photo stream to all devices, so if you delete a photo from one device it will remove said photo from the other devices.
Can existing music be loaded to iCloud or is there a charge for that?
Again if you open music >artists on your iPad or iPhone, and you will see your full iTunes music library, there is a little cloud icon on the right of each track just click to download to whatever device you are using.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you newscribe.I thought that by storing in iCloud it meant you could get it off your device thereby saving space on the device.I thought I could push her photos to iCloud ,take off iMac and leave herself take the photos from there to her iPad anytime she wanted to look. A learning curve !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you newscribe.I thought that by storing in iCloud it meant you could get it off your device thereby saving space on the device.I thought I could push her photos to iCloud ,take off iMac and leave herself take the photos from there to her iPad anytime she wanted to look. A learning curve !

Just curious... are we talking about a huge amount of hard drive space? I mean is this like 50,000 photos or something? Do you have plenty of free space on your iMac? I'm just asking because if there's plenty of room to leave the photos on your iMac, you can always create a separate "Event" and store all of her photos in there to keep them from getting mixed in with yours and then, like you said, Photostream her photos to the cloud so she can view them whenever she wants with the iPad.

In OSX, there is usually more than one way to accomplish a desired goal, but there are factors that will point you in one direction or the other to reach that goal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

You are welcome, and as MYmacROX said there are many ways she can keep the photos she wants separate from yours.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.