Ipad wont power on

Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 that only shows a battery icon. Now I have seen in the past where ipads do this and you can do a system restore or put the ipad in DFU mode and restore the device to fix the problem. However with this ipad it isn't recognizing the computer at all. I have tried iTunes and tinyumbrella- however I don't have much experience with tinyumbrella. So I am wondering if there are any other recommending to testing software before I take the screen off and try replacing hardware? The ipad does recognize when you plug in a charger as the lcd screen does turn on with the dead battery icon, as well as the ipad can show the dead battery icon when it is unplugged which makes me think the battery may not be the issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Leave it plugged in overnight. Is it charging? If not, try a new cable. If it is fully charged after sitting all night, then how does it respond?

OP
G
Reaction score
I have tired plugging it in with multiple chargers, which I have tested on my other ipads, and have plugged it in over night and the battery never gains any charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tired plugging it in with multiple chargers, which I have tested on my other ipads, and have plugged it in over night and the battery never gains any charge.

Then try a new cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have tired new cables with new chargers

In that case, there is nothing left to do except have it serviced. The battery may have reached end of life, or you have some other hardware problem keeping the battery from getting charged.

OP
G
Reaction score
sorry for the miscommunication earlier- when charging the icon shows the icon for the ipad charging with the lightning bolt over the charge adapter and the flashing red on the battery. but it doesn't gain any power.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry for the miscommunication earlier- when charging the icon shows the icon for the ipad charging with the lightning bolt over the charge adapter and the flashing red on the battery. but it doesn't gain any power.

There was no miscommunication. Your battery simply is not charging. If you are getting the same result with a cable and charger that are known to work fine on another device, then your iPad is defective and needs service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.