Firefox Files

Reaction score
Hi

this has been bugging me for ages! I use Firefox on my G4 iBook with the latest version of Tiger.

I have set the downloads location of Firefox to use a folder called "Downloads" (it used to be desktop as default). However, whenever I open a link which is a PDF document, or a video the file opens fine, but it always saves a copy of the file to my desktop....... really annoying!!!

Is there any way to get it to stop doing this? I don't mind it downloading the file and saving it in the Downloads folder, but saving it to the desktop is just stupid!

Thanks

Z

Zecher

Are you sure you are clicking okay after browsing to the Donwloads folder? Also, does it display the current folder selected to donwload too, and if it does, is it the downloads one?

OP
C
Reaction score
Yup, I have it set to open PDFs automatically with Acrobat, and all downloads should go to the Downloads folder. Still doesn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.