Outlook 2011 On my computer mail missing

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am a system admin at a company where we have a mixture of PC's and Mac's. We use hosted Exchange for our mail. The Mac's run Outlook 2011.

I have one user those main identity crashed. She started up Outlook and her mail was gone. She recreated her profile and obviously the mail that is saved on exchange is not a problem, but she had a lot of mail she moved to the "on my computer" folder for archiving purposes and this is all gone.

This is what I have done so far with no luck:
- Had her rebuild the profile (hold down option key+open outlook), there is only one profile listed here
- Time machine is off and there are no other backups
- Searching in Finder for a message header of one of the lost messages will find the message and you can open them one at a time so I know they are still there.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the messages back to show up in Outlook under the "on my computer" folder? I have played around with it quite a bit have not had any luck. Are we just SOL? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

OP
D
Reaction score
Has anyone else ran into this issue? I have tried a few more things but without backup I think there may not be a solution other than searching for a specific email in finder when its needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.