Unsync iPad and iMac?

Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought an iPad a few days ago which will be mostly used by lady wife and getting used to it.It is under my Apple I.D. is in my name as I thought it easier for purchases etc.She has her own account on the iMac but as she installs her favourites they arrive on my account,obviously because the iPad is under my I.D.As she is only a part time user of the iMac and the iPad will suit her better, we are wondering now should we have synced the devices at all.Seeing it is not possible for have two accounts on the iPad,again for obvious reasons,can we unsync and let her do her own thing on the iPad albeit under my I.D.?

Thank you.
p.s. Is there any chance anyone has paired up their iPad with a Samsung Smart TV through their app?Having a spot of bother

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I think you're confusing user IDs on your iMac with the Apple ID on your iPad. 2 different things.

Your wife can adjust what apps, music, and photos she wants synced to the iPad by plugging in the iPad and opening iTunes. There are tabs in the main window for each of those things. Apple ID is what you use for purchasing apps and music/movies/TV shows through the App Store and iTunes Store.

She can set up the email app directly from the iPad itself by opening the Preferences app and going to Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you MYmacROX for replying.I think our problem is the other way around.Can we stop,for example, her favourites,set up on the iPad, appearing on the favourites bar on my account side of the iMac( 21.5 Mid 2011) ? I deleted a load of favourite icons from the iPad screen only to learn that I had deleted them from my account on the iMac.She didn't want them as there were tons of them !! I just bookmarked this page on the iMac to test and it has appeared on the iPad.Not very good at this stuff but trying to learn.Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Are you talking about bookmarks in Safari?

If so, open Settings on the iPad and tap on iCloud. See if Safari is toggled on. If so, switch it to off.

A lot of those auto-sync options are because some people want to start something on their iMac or MBP and then pick right up where they left off on their iPad or iPhone. Or vice-versa.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.