Read-write help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Version 10.7.4, Lion
I have an imac version 10.7.5 using office 2008 for mac.
Roblem. When i go to save a splredsheetv it tells me that it is "read only". I van make it a "read-write" by renaming the spred sheet. Means a new name every time i use.

How do i get back to saving on a :read-right" basis?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this:

Open Excel, click on Preferences. When the Office Preferences box opens, click on the "Security" tab. Now remove the check from the box that says: "Read Only" recommended.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X Version 10.7.4, Lion
Excell i can save only as ,:Read Only:

I have found the read only check spot, There is no check there so there must be an other place.

With an unchecked "Read On/y" is still get "Read Only" when I try to save.

Thank for the advice.

Love this site

Bill

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, then what we can try is to repair permissions. Boot your machine to the recovery partition by holding down the command + r keys and rebooting. That will take you to recovery. Select "Utilities" and then select "Disk Utility". Now select "Repair Permissions". Let's see if that fixes it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.