torrent download with mac not turning out well

Reaction score
I'm pretty much new to mac os and a mac machine cause i switched from pc very recently. When i try to put torrent files to download the download automatically stops once the screen turns off I'm not sure if its a problem with my mac book or issue with mavericks os. Please help me out if any of you have sights on this.

Thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your OSX is set to go to sleep after a certain time. When the computer is sleeping all activity will be stopped.

Open System Preferences.And change the Sleep settings under Energy Saver to your preference. If it's a very long download set the Sleep to Never.

You might want to slide it back when the download is done if you don't want the System going full bore day and night!

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for the response...the issue is i dont have straight forward options like when to put the mac to sleep and all but i guess i have given selected the right options...please see the attached screenshots...

Screen Shot 2013-11-16 at 11.46.32 pm.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What exact Mac model do you have? Ever Mac I own has two sliders, one for Sleep and one for Screen shutting off.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does anyone else here on the forums have his machine? Do you have a Sleep slider in energy?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is your machine the Retina MBP or the Normal Non Retina one? If it's the retina one from what I just read, due to the Haswell chipset Apple made the Display sleep and the Computer sleep one slider! What happens if you turn that to never?

Also if you close the lid on any Mac notebook it will sleep stopping the download.

This is on the new MBA but applies to all with the Haswell Chipset.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1598329

A lot of people on the support forums are very mad at what was done, but if you read everything there, it's something Intel did with Haswell.

OP
B
Reaction score
****! that sucks then..and yeah its the retina version :'(
this is really sad and frustrating...i cant even put the display off and download even after spending this much $$ :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
****! that sucks then..and yeah its the retina version :'(
this is really sad and frustrating...i cant even put the display off and download even after spending this much $$ :(

It's do to the latest Haswell chipset. Check that URL and read all the posts. One person there explains what Intel did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.