Mac 10.6.8 not loading Web Pages.

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro has had problems loading new pages in the past two or three days. I can get into a site and open up pages, but a few minutes later it stops opening up. I think the ISP is OK as my wife is not having any trouble with her desk top and we have the same ISP and plan. What should I do to solve the problem?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are you using Safari or some other browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

First I would repair permissions, Application folder > disk utility > Mac drive.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you try Safari do you have the same issue?

OP
A
Reaction score
It's still repairing disk permissions. though it doesn't seem to be able to complete that task. This is my second try.

I'll try Safari next. What about Firefox?

OP
A
Reaction score
I go this message.

"Disk Utility stopped verifying Macintosh HD"

It tells me that the disk needs to be repaired and to start up my computer with another disk (such as Mac OS X installation disc) which I'll do, but now it's bedtime.

Thanks for your help. I'll come back if I don't have any success.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi,

First I would repair permissions, Application folder > disk utility > Mac drive.

I've done this (well, my daughter helped) and it's working much better now. Thank you newscribe and others who made suggestions.

I have found this forum really helpful on the two occasions I've appealed for help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

This is good news, and your welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Boot from the Snow Leopard OS X.6 DVD, holding down 'C' after the chime with the DVD in the optical drive, leave the Installer, go to utilities > Disk Utility and run repair Disk from there and see what is reported. You cannot repair a drive you are booted from hence that message.

OP
A
Reaction score
Boot from the Snow Leopard OS X.6 DVD, holding down 'C' after the chime with the DVD in the optical drive, leave the Installer, go to utilities > Disk Utility and run repair Disk from there and see what is reported. You cannot repair a drive you are booted from hence that message.

Thank you. It's working OK now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.