Lastest iBooks update on iOS7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Is anyone else finding the fancy new white background a little blindingly bright?
I think they have gone far enough with the white, its just to much that it makes me un easy using my iPad and iPod. Anyhow, if anyone else feels the need to deliver some constructive criticism you may do so here: Apple - iBooks iOS - Feedback

Cheers,
Joe

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I haven't tried iBooks yet on my iPad. I was disappointed with Apple a long time ago with iBooks because they hadn't made it available for OS X (until now with Mavericks). Instead I downloaded the free Kindle app from Amazon and have been buying their books. I do see that many of the same titles are available from the iTunes store. I may start buying from there in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
I've never been a fan of ebooks. Don't have anything against them. Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I like to hold my books. I mean paper books. Real paper. That's the way god intended man to read! Oh and don't forget the book marker. A must for us oldsters. No dog-earing a page. That's a sin. So go read - a real book!

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of ebooks. Don't have anything against them. Call me an old fuddy-duddy but I like to hold my books. I mean paper books. Real paper. That's the way god intended man to read! Oh and don't forget the book marker. A must for us oldsters. No dog-earing a page. That's a sin. So go read - a real book!
I too was like you until I 'discovered' iBooks. I can carry almost a small library in my tablet. I can read many books at a time. Leave one book half the way and try another. Come back again and read from where I left from the first book. I had built up a collection of books, journals and magazines like Readers' Digest over the years, and finally they had been reduced to dust by a colony of termites.

Now I store my ebooks in many redundant backups and now I have no fear that they will ever vanish. Yes - I still miss the fresh smell of a paperback occasionally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.