Expose Question

Reaction score
I have tried several times to use the Expose' feature to view all of my applications currently open. However, when I press the F10 key...it just brings up the box pertaining to the backlit part of the keyboard. Yes, it even does this in the light. So what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
No clue what you said.. but there are three keys to Exposé... F9 which shows all the windows in all applications, F10 which shows all the windows in the current application, and F11 which 'shoves' the windows to the side, top, etc, to show you the desktop. I think thats what you asked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
There are 2 ways to solve this..

hold fn key down when you want to hit one of those keys..(i recomend this becauase that way you won't have to hold fn down when you want to use volume controlls which you use more frequently)

or you can go into the keyboard section of system preferences and click the box that says to have the f buttons perform software tasks or what ever it is that says.. I am on my quad now so i can't check it... but next time I am around my powerbook I will look into that for more detalis as to exactly what it says.

S

sterre

Sounds like you might have changed your keyboard shorcuts.
You can check these combinations in system preferences > keyboard & mouse >keyboard shortcuts. There you can customise what effect pressing your F10 key has.

Hope this solves your problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.