Start a Discussion in the right sidebar of the Forum page . . . Bug?? Error ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I just tried to make a discussion using the quick and easy "Start a Discussion" thats in the side bar (Have gone back to the Test Skin, because i had to scroll a full window on my 13" MBP before i saw the forum, having the Start a Discussion at the top of the page) and i filled in the Title, wrote it all out, then went down to the drop down and low and behold, it only had 7-8 Choices to choose from.
I thought the idea for this was to make it easier to start a new thread, without having to navigate to the Sub-Forum to do it ?? Or am i mistaken ??
Anyway see attachment for the whole list of threads that M-F offers in the **Quick** way of submitting a new thread.
In the end, i had to copy it all and then navigate to iOS and Apps to be able to submit my thread :(

Screenshot 2013-11-15 10.28.30.jpeg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you're seeing Brent is by design. The reason? Well, the reason is we get numerous inquiries from new forum members asking the same thing: How do I start a thread, or how do I submit a question for the forum?

I realize it generates an extra step or two in creating a new thread, but it does make it easier for the folks who have yet to learn how to navigate our forums. And yes, the discussion topics are rather limited.

The Test Skin is open to suggestions from folks like you, so any feed back is appreciated. But do keep in mind that it's Test Skin.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thats great Charlie and in no means am i questioning why it is there, my concern, and now even more so after reading your post, is the Discussion Topics IS rather limited, and now because its there more for the new members, i think that needs to include ALL of what we have in the forum.
Like me, if i saw that, and knowing what other forums have, i would be thinking, Ohh thats all they have in the way of Topics, i might go somewhere else. . .
As i said, just my opinion, but i think you need to include more topic for people to choose from. The idea of it being there is great and i don't question that at all.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, that's good Brent. We are always after constructive feed back and appreciate your input. Our Admins monitor this forum and will take into account what you experienced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.