OK Im done, What is my Bonjour Username and Password !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ive tried everything i know, (which isn't much) but i have used computer-name.local, short-name.local and i still can't connect.
I have a App called ShutterSnitch, that when i take a photo on my Nikon, using the Eye-Fi X2Pro, the images get transferred directly to my iPad, and into the App ShutterSnitch.
Now this has a lot of features, and if i want to transfer them to ShutterSnitch on my iPhone, it uses Bonjour to do so.

I have looked, tried, googled and this is my last charge to find out the username of my Bonjour, that i suppose is the one for my Mac, as both iPad Mini and iPhone are on the same Network as my MBP ?? Any ideas

Reaction score
You need to connect with the iphone equivalent of computer name. If you have file sharing turned on, it should show up as Brents iphone or whatever you named it. The password, if any, is your login password on the phone. Not that sure about iphones as I don't have one but that's how it works with computers.
Same thing with ipad etc. You need to turn on the equivalent of file sharing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
I reckon if you started bluetooth on the iPad you should be able to see it's name when you search for it from your Mac.

Cheers :)

Hugh

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I use Bonjour to access the virtual file structure of GoodReader on my iPad / iPhone from my MBP. The URL is devicename.local:8080 where 'devicename' is the name of my iPad or iPhone. I don't need to use a password to connect with GoodReader.

I'm not sure, but I think the port number might be specified by the app?

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You need to connect with the iphone equivalent of computer name. If you have file sharing turned on, it should show up as Brents iphone or whatever you named it. The password, if any, is your login password on the phone. Not that sure about iphones as I don't have one but that's how it works with computers.
Same thing with ipad etc. You need to turn on the equivalent of file sharing.

Hey Craig. Mate i tried exactly what you had said, but no Joy. I tried both names of both devices that show in iTunes, and put in the 4 digit lock code, and the only other shortish password i would of used and nothing. Still says Not Connected. . . . This thing has a forum so ill be back with a answer from the Dev hopefully :)

Unless you have anything else Thanks for trying mate.

EDIT : WOW I actually just worked it out. When setting the App up, it gave me a username (default) or snitch and i had to give a password as well, so i tried that and it worked, from App to App. Thanks again craig, it took me 2 days then it just sort of clicked lol

EDIT2 : Why you are there mate, can you give me a reason why when i input a command into Terminal, and then asks for my password, and i enter my admin password, it outputs Sorry Try again ??

This has been happening i suppose ever since i have put a SSD in my Optical Drive Bay, and use it as my main Startup Disk, and then i push most data, images, iTunes Media to the 750GB that was in it, still running Mountain Lion. Im running the latest Mavericks on the SSD, and when ever it asks for my Password, like when i tried using Terminal to put Mavericks on a Thumb Drive, i had to go the other avenue because i couldn't get past the password issue. . . . cheers Craig

Code:
Last login: Sat Nov 16 12:32:36 on ttys000
TattooedMac-MacBook-Pro:~ tattooedmacs2ssd$ sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.

To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.

Password:
Sorry, try again.
Password:

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're inputting your login password? Check your capslock. You're not using any reserved characters like '/*$' etc? You ARE logged in as admin right?
Shouldn't have changed.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Everything i have done is correct. Im in MY Admin account, i put in MY Admin password, no CAPS, and I'm bemused about it all mate.
As a stated above, I'm in Mavericks, on my SSD that i put in my Optical Bay Drive, my 750GB MBP Drive is still with ML on it, I'm the Administrator on all of them, and I'm about to put OS X Server for Mavericks on my SSD and I'm worried something is going to pop up because of this password issue in Terminal ???!?!?!!!?!?!

Is there anything i can do in Terminal to see if or whats up with it ??

EDIT OK i think i know what was happening, i was inadvertently putting a space before i typed in my passwords my palm, thumb touches the trackpad every time i put it in, so it did work but I'm sure that wasn't the reason, because when i tried the other day, i lifted everything off and typed it in . . Anyways it works for now i think, until i need another sudo command
Thanks mate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.