Macbook air lock

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 13'' Macbook air and want a lock to attach it to my desk. Does anyone have any experience with these devices and any recommendations? Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There were some reviews posted in MacWorld and PCWorld a while back. You can probably find them with a search on their sites. However, most of the locks and devices are not fool proof and can easily be bypassed by a savvy thief. Since the MBA is small and light, just don't ever leave it behind at your desk or anywhere unattended. In other words, take it with you. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks I'll have a look at them. Yes I already carry it with me, I can do most things one handed, but it is difficult to wash one hand at a time!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes I already carry it with me, I can do most things one handed, but it is difficult to wash one hand at a time!

I hear you. Maybe you can try using a small carry case for your MBA.... it won't make washing your hands any easier but at least you won't get the machine wet. :)

Reaction score
I have the same problem. purchased a mba without noticing that it has no kensington lock port. I just bought a macbracket from macBracket looks pretty sturdy. once you put the macbracket on, you can attach your normal kensington lock on your mba.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks pw_168 I have splashed out and bought one. It seems to work fine, though it bulks it up a little. The whole point of a MBA is to have it as light and sleek as possible. An oversight on Apple's part methinks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.