Latest software update bug-ridden?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
I recall my computer notifying me of a software update a few weeks ago, since it's been downloaded and installed I've noticed a couple of weird bugs. My computer occasionally doesn't load images on the internet, and whenever I load a DVD disc into my Superdrive the computer freezes and a gray translucent box comes onto the screen saying that I need to restart the computer. Anybody know of anything in particular that causes something like that? I don't mind the image problem so much as the DVD problem. As soon as the disc is in and the drive spools up the computer freezes and I have to manually restart it.

I would appreciate it if I could get some help about this. I've been backing up my DVD collection onto my computer...or at least attempting, since I ripped the first DVD (which went perfectly well), my computer has been acting strange with DVD's. I'd appreciate any help you can give, thanks. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
First thing to do when an update is susspected of roaching something is,...

1. Repair Disk Permissions with Disk Utility.
2. Re-download the latest combo update from Apple.
3. Re-apply the combo update.
4. Repair Disk Permissions agian.

If you remember the date that the Os went squirely look for preference files with that date to see if they might be relevant. Copy them to a temp location then delete them from the Preferences folder. Reboot

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Thanks for your input MacsWork, I'll give it a go...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.