Music not syncing on my iPhone 4

Reaction score
I've been searching this forum for the past few days. Trying various fixes that are listed. However, nothing is working for me. So I am starting a new discussion in hopes someone can help me. Ever since I installed ios 7 I have been unable to sync my music to my iPhone 4. I just want to be able to add or delete the music that is on my iPhone. I plug in my phone in and click on my phone in devices I have tried clicking "manually manage music and videos". However, whenever I click that and then go into the music tab and then I click "sync music" it will uncheck "manually add...." on the other screen. Weird, not sure why it does that. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way.

Then I will hit the sync button and it will do one of two things: most of the time it will start syncing but then not ever sync. Meaning it will say it is syncing but literally hours later it won't have completed and I have to cancel the sync and unplug the phone. (I can't live without a phone for hours at a time.) Or another thing it will do is it will say it is syncing and then say it is complete however none of the new music I'm trying to sync is on my phone.

Obviously this is a very frustrating issue and one many are dealing with. Any help would be more than appreciated. Thanks!

M

MJG196

I am having the exact same issue. I tried to find an answer on the Apple Discussion Forums, but naturally the people there are the rudest, most unhelpful people of any Apple Forum!

My iTunes simply says "Canceling Sync" indefinitely...it never stops. This has got to be a software issue. I hope they eventually get around to fixing it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would try resetting your iPhone first while it's connected to your Mac or PC and iTunes. Make sure you have a backup first of all your music and photos before doing the reset. After the reset, try syncing it again.

M

MJG196

I, for one, have tried every suggestion I have found online and nothing has worked for more than a couple days. I think that there are so many variations of the same problem, on many different phones, and so many different "fixes," that this shows there is an inherent compatibility problem with the latest iTunes and iPhone software.

Any news on Apple working on this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.