iMac intel packed with wireless or wired?

Reaction score
-bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard

or mighty mouse and wired keyboard?

count me in for the wireless... :headphone

and which would you prefer and why? i think i prefer wireless because of aesthetics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mine came with a wired keyboard and mouse. i would take the wired keyboard cause it has the 2 usb ports on it. i would like to get a blue tooth mouse though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Like FF said, they come with the Wired keyboard and MightyMouse in the box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I would opt for the wired versions for now. I would like wireless, and I agree it looks nicer, but the mous you get is only a one click. I would save my $$$, and when a wireless mighty mouse or equivelant came out, purchase that.

S

SogniX

I got wireless keyboard 'n mouse, will get a better wireless mouse eventually tho.
I just had enough of wires all over my desk. Now they are all tamed and hidden, and everything looks clean! :)

Reaction score
I am going to get my imac from best buy, Do you think they would have wireless in there or would it be wired?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
bigdaddysheikh said:
I am going to get my imac from best buy, Do you think they would have wireless in there or would it be wired?

Well, when I bought mine online, it had the wired keyboard & mouse selected by default; if you wanted the wireless keyboard & mouse, you had to select it and pay extra. I don't know if it's the same for Apple's retail partners though. I have an Apple wireless keyboard on my G4 Cube and it's pretty nice, but I wouldn't touch that one-button wireless mouse with a 10-foot stick. Here's a decent replacement:

http://www.radtech.us/Products/BT510.aspx

I've personally grown accustomed to Logitech mice and require that my mice have the forward & backwards buttons on the side (for programming per application & surfing the net), as well as a scrollwheel and right-mouse button.

S

SogniX

No, retail stores are pre-packaged with wired mice/keyboards only. The wireless keyboard is $59.

Didn't know BestBuy is selling Macs again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would go wired, that way you can have extra usb ports on your keyboard, and a mighty mouse, also you won't have to worry about changing the battery in the keyboard or mouse..

S

SogniX

Wireless vs Wired
Ok - so that's not a Mighty Mouse, but you want ports behind your keyboard? that's what it'll look like. I'll eventually get a better Bluetooth mouse.

I have a hub behind the iPod on the 1st pic, and there are 3 USB ports behind the iMac.

I have about a week with my iMac and the battery is still at 100%... just get the same kind of batteries that come with the keyboard (Energizer e2 Lithiums) and you'll rarely have to change batteries.

OP
T
Reaction score
is that the new imac intel? and 17" or 20" looks like 17" to me.

and i just checked my receipt, they charged me 1359 for the 17" mac so it was the wireless included. i think i would've gone for that anyways, it looks a lot cleaner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
Greenredfield said:
I would opt for the wired versions for now. I would like wireless, and I agree it looks nicer, but the mous you get is only a one click. I would save my $$$, and when a wireless mighty mouse or equivelant came out, purchase that.

the mighty mouse that came with my iMac is a two button mouse. by default it is set up as a one button. in sys prefs, you can change it. it looks like a one button, but it acts like two button.

S

SogniX

thadoggfather said:
is that the new imac intel? and 17" or 20" looks like 17" to me.

20"

and i just checked my receipt, they charged me 1359 for the 17" mac so it was the wireless included. i think i would've gone for that anyways, it looks a lot cleaner.

You sure that's not sales tax? a 17" in CA would be 1406.17 after taxes.

OP
T
Reaction score
wireless was going nuts today so i swapped my imac for a wired one with mighty mouse, much better. and i got 3 year apple plan. all for only 3 dollars and 50 cents more than what i paid for wireless imac with no plan.

saved 150 (100 on computer, originally saved 50 on the other one because the woman screwed up and 50 on apple plan) because of education discount.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.