Music indicates "No content"

Reaction score
Does that mean no music is imported to the iPad? I could see the music titles in one of the playlists on the iTune and executed sync. I did the same thing with iPhone and could play the music. I am wondering what I did wrong.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does that mean no music is imported to the iPad?

You didn't give us much information to go by, but did you sync your iPad to iTunes in your Mac or PC? If music on your iPad shows no content, then it either didn't sync or you did something wrong.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
You didn't give us much information to go by,but did you sync your iPad to iTunes in your Mac or PC? If music on your iPad shows no content, then it either didn't sync or you did something wrong.
I am using W7, the latest version of iTune and iPad2. Music file format is MP3. Please let me know if there is any other which may help.

I could see music titles in one of the playlists in the iTune. And I did execute sync.

I reviewed a tutorial at Apple's website for how to import music onto iPad. It indicates that there are two ways to do that as follows:
1) Select your device.
2) Click "On this Device."
3) Then choose "Add to" in the upper right corner.
I set the option for "Manually manage music and videos" but then I could not follow the above steps because of the following reasons:
I did not understand what does "Select your device" mean. Clicking iPad shown under devices? Then I could not find "On this Device" and "Add to" anywhere on the iTune.

It does not matter for me which way to import music but it appears music is not yet in the iPad as your reply indicates.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Follow this guide instead: LINK

Also, since you selected to sync your music manually, you will have to select the songs you wish to transfer by placing a check next to each one.

Try the directions above from the link I provided. Let us know.

OP
C
Reaction score
My problem is resolved. :) I had no problem following the instructions.
Thank you very much for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.