Auto Detect Missing Media (!)

Reaction score
Once I downloaded the latest update to itunes all of u sudden 1,700 songs cannot be located.

I spent countless hours editing the tags and now not only are 1,700 songs unable to be located, but those same songs reverted to their original tags.

I do have both the "Keep itunes organized" and "Consolidate files in itunes media" options selected in the advanced preferences tab.

I am running itunes 11.1.3.8 on my HP Pavillion with Windows 7 x64.

Please Help!!! Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Windows version of iTunes has some differences from that of the Mac version so I don't know if I can be of much help. I don't run iTunes in Windows 7....

Make sure your iTunes library hasn't been moved is the first thing I would check. I also updated my Mac version of iTunes to 11.1.3.8 and it didn't disturb the tags or songs.

You may be able to revert to an older library. Look for a folder named "Previous iTunes Libraries". Better yet if you've been keeping up with making backups. Windows 7 backup is easy to use. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.