Outlook 2011 won't allow me to add any email accounts?

Reaction score
I know this is probably not strictly the forum, but no-one at MS seems to be able to help.... I'm hoping someone here may be able to!!

I've got a new MacBook Pro with Retina and have installed MS Office 2011 and updated to the latest version.

I've added my Exchange account and all works ok. But I can't add a NON Exchange account. When I press the button, nothing happens and I have to Force Quit to get out of.

I've tried in Safe Mode - same. I've tried deleting the profile and starting a new one - same. I've tried adding an imap account before I add the exchange acccount - same.

I've uninstalled Office and reinstalled and it's the same!

So buggered if I know!! I've had a number of others in the MS Office for Mac forum also comment they have the same issue.

Help!!

Mountain Lion too.

Reaction score
I know this is probably not strictly the forum, but no-one at MS seems to be able to help.... I'm hoping someone here may be able to!!

I've got a new MacBook Pro with Retina and have installed MS Office 2011 and updated to the latest version.

I've added my Exchange account and all works ok. But I can't add a NON Exchange account. When I press the button, nothing happens and I have to Force Quit to get out of.

I've tried in Safe Mode - same. I've tried deleting the profile and starting a new one - same. I've tried adding an imap account before I add the exchange acccount - same.

I've uninstalled Office and reinstalled and it's the same!

So buggered if I know!! I've had a number of others in the MS Office for Mac forum also comment they have the same issue.

Help!!

Mountain Lion too.

Just found this thread through a search because I'm having the same issue. Mine started when I got my Macbook Pro Retina and the email address autofill in Outlook no longer worked. So I created a new identity, imported all of my old data (.olm file, so far so good), added my Exchange account (so far so good), then tried to add my POP account but I'm having the same issue you did. It just hangs up and I have to force quit. Did you ever find a solution?

Reaction score
Same issue! New MBP

New MBP (15", retina display, 16 gb RAM, 1 TB hd, Mavericks. Installed Office 2011 and did the updates for it. When I try to create a new account in Outlook, I can click on the plus icon and then nothing else happens. Would really love to get this figured out! :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.