Windows 7 does not load, keep restarting on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hello guys !

I need some serious advice!

Today I just installed Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.9 (13A603), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

The install was completely fine I was using boot camp assistance, made a small partition for windows etc, regular proper way to set up windows.

The problem is when I try to open windows at the computer's start, the black screen appears as regular windows open but immediately restart the computer, this goes for as log as I don't switch back to Mac OsX .

What should I do ??? I really appreciate any help !
Adrian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
Try booting Windows in safe mode and see if it will boot to a desktop. If so, it could be a graphics driver problem.

OP
A
Reaction score
Try booting Windows in safe mode and see if it will boot to a desktop. If so, it could be a graphics driver problem.

Thank you for your quick answer.

How to boot in safe mode ?
Sorry I am kinda new with Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
If I remember correctly it's by pressing the F8 key whilst Windows is booting.

OP
A
Reaction score
If I remember correctly it's by pressing the F8 key whilst Windows is booting.

The problem is... the windows is not even booting, only the black screen appears for a half second, then restart, so I don't even make it until the loading screen :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2020 M1 MB Air
It still might be worth a try, tapping the F8 key as soon as you highlight the Windows drive and press enter. It may affect the booting process.
If it doesn't I'm afraid I don't know of anything else to suggest.
Obviously other users here may do :)

OP
A
Reaction score
It still might be worth a try, tapping the F8 key as soon as you highlight the Windows drive and press enter. It may affect the booting process.
If it doesn't I'm afraid I don't know of anything else to suggest.
Obviously other users here may do :)

I tried, not solving the problem, although the black screen appears now with a flashing _ thats it :( can't get further.

Anyone else any advice?

this is weird... my Mac says I have Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB now lol, how is that possible after VIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.?

Reaction score
When you get the blinking _, let it sit for a while. It might boot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As cradom says give it a minute or two normal Windows booting lol!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the driver image from Apple and place it either on a USB flash drive or CD? If you did, did you then load the drivers for Windows 7? The description you're giving us of the problem sounds like the graphic drivers have not been loaded.

OP
A
Reaction score
Nope I didn't , but I can't reach win desktop to do any installation, I was downloading the bootcamp option(windows update) to put it on the usb hard drive. Yes I think my graphic card is the problem, although I have no idea how to put the drivers, and what driver should I install.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello guys !

I need some serious advice!

Today I just installed Win7 Ultimate 64 bit on my Macbook Pro OS X 10.9 (13A603), 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB.

The install was completely fine I was using boot camp assistance, made a small partition for windows etc, regular proper way to set up windows.

The problem is when I try to open windows at the computer's start, the black screen appears as regular windows open but immediately restart the computer, this goes for as log as I don't switch back to Mac OsX

I tried to reinstall and use the Home Pro version of windows-same problem.

If I hit F8 at booting, a black screen appear with a flashing _
After 3-4 min restart automatically.

What should I do ??? I really appreciate any help !
Adrian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would start over. Run Boot Camp once more and remove the Windows 7 partition you created. That should get everything back to the Macintosh HD again. Then run Boot Camp again but this time follow the Boot Camp instructions. Your MBP does not have an optical drive so you must install the drivers downloaded from Apple via a USB flash drive or external hard drive.

Also take note that your MBP needs drivers for both of your graphic cards: The intel HD 4000 and the nVidia 650m.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you use BootCamp to set up the partition? If so use BootCamp to remove it and try again and what do you mean by a 'small' partition>

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@adritrial

Do not cross post! You posted this to two forums which just causes confusion and multiple answers. Keep it in one forum and continue with the same thread. Both of your threads are combined here and please keep it here. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.