Image Capture says it's importing photos but isn't

Reaction score
I am trying to get some photos off someone else's iPad Mini onto my MacBook (I have permission!). Image Capture shows all the photos on the iPad, so I select those I need and click Import. The wheel thing starts spinning, and spinning, and spinning...... but no photos are appearing in my Mac Finder folder. I have enough memory on the MacBook. What's going wrong?

Reaction score
What folder are you looking in? Should be in Pictures, unless you've changed it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I had created a new folder to put the pictures in. However, it's now working! I tried using Image Capture to copy a picture from my own iPad and it worked fine, I then reconnected my friend's iPad and tried again with that, and it worked fine!

Don't know what I did, nothing except what I've said above. The strange thing was that my own iPad asked me if I trusted my MacBook, but my colleague's didn't?!

Reaction score
Ah well, at least you got it working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.